Our high schoolers enjoying the salty Santa Monica air during our mission trip to Los Angeles.
We play a lot of games and have a lot of fun, but we’re really here to lead students and families into a life-changing relationship with Jesus. Together, we GATHER in worship, GROW in faith, and GO make disciples. We believe that no one is too messed up that God can’t save them and we believe that no one is so lost that they cannot be forgiven.
The easiest way to get connected to our Student Ministry program is Sunday School. Every Sunday morning we meet to dive into God’s Word and study it, not just for information, but also how it applies to our lives. We meet in various locations from 9:30-10:30 AM every Sunday.
- Middle School Class – We meet in the Library (in the yellow stone building) and are walking through a 3-year cycle through specific books of the Bible. These classes are required for Confirmation.
- High School Class – We meet in the Youth Room (upstairs in the white building–stairs are in the lobby) and discuss various topics centered on God’s Word.
- Monthly Events – We gather once a month for a special event where we get to hang out, have some fun, and build relationships with one another. We believe relationships are the catalyst for spiritual growth! Check out our Middle School Event Calendar and our High School Event Calendar, as well as the calendar at the bottom of this page.
Camps, Retreats, and Mission Trips
Periodically we’ll go on an adventurous overnight trip to connect as friends, grow in our faith, and serve our community. Our upcoming trips are as follows:
- Middle School: Youth Quake – February 23-25, 2018 – Youth Quake is a weekend event for middle schoolers to grow in their faith, connect with friends, and make lifelong memories!
Register for Youth Quake →
- High School: Trek – March 12-15, 2018 – Trek is a 4-day/3-night backpacking trip in the Texas Hill Country designed to challenge and grow faith. This year, it’s being hosting by Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, TX.
Register for Trek →
- 8th Grade Confirmation Retreat – April 27-28, 2018 – Our 8th Grade Retreat is a 2-day/1-night getaway to write our faith stories that we will later present to the congregation on Confirmation Sunday. This event is required for 8th grade confirmands!
- Middle & High School: Camp Eagle – June 21-26 & July 29-August 2, 2018 – Every summer we take a group of students to Camp Eagle for a week. This summer, we’re taking our middle schoolers to Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, TX and our high schoolers to Camp Eagle in Glorieta, NM.
Register for Camp Eagle →
- High School: Work Camp – July 15-20, 2018 – You’re invited to serve our San Antonio neighbors alongside your friends! This week includes 4 days of service, worship, teambuilding activities, and all the fun of a mission trip (without the cost of travel!) –
Register for Work Camp →
- Middle School: Summer Serve – June 7-10, 2018 – Every year, local LCMS churches run a weekend service event for middle schoolers in and around San Antonio.
Register for Summer Serve →
Baptism – For students who have not yet been baptized, we encourage you to receive this important gift! Find out more about baptism.
First Communion – We offer First Communion classes to students in grades 6 and older. You do not need to be enrolled in Confirmation to be a part of First Communion.
Catechism Classes – Catechism Classes with Pastor Chris are offered on a periodic basis for students in grades 7 and 8 in Confirmation. Catechism classes are mandatory for Confirmation students. Each class takes place on Sunday in the Library from 12:00-3:30 PM, lunch is included.
Student Leadership & Service
There are plenty of opportunities for students to get involved and help lead different ministries.
- Student Leadership Team – Students learn about fundamental leadership principles and are give opportunities to live them out.
- A/V Team – Students work behind-the-scenes to make sure our services run smoothly
- Shepherd in a Minute Production Team – As a part of our drama ministry, students film, edit, and produce our weekly video announcements for church.
- VBS Crew – High schoolers and middle schoolers help lead our VBS program for our Children’s Ministry.
- Ushers and Hosts – Students help guests and members feel welcomed each week to worship.
- Communion Helpers and Acolytes – Children and students assist in the weekly parts of our worship services.
Sunday School – All Ages 9:30 am
Catechism Class Session 3 (7th & 8th Grade) 12:30 pm